Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy breakfast or brunch casserole, goes with just about anything you can think of.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dried onion or 2 tablespoons minced onions
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in a 9"x13" glass dish for one hour at 350 degrees F.
- Put crushed potato chips on top, bake an additional five minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This has been a family favorite of mine. I will just eat it alone, and it is a definite comfort food for me! Thanks for putting it here on Zaar!!!
oh yuuuummmm tried it for family disappeared real fast in running for potluck
Thanks Felix4067 for making this available. This was easy to make and we enjoyed it a lot. I did make some modifications though, I used chopped fresh onion instead of the dried. We eat low or no extra salt, so I didn't use the potato chips. I will add some spices next time, perhaps some garlic or a Mrs. D**H type of seasoning mixture. As my husband says, "This one's a keeper."