Recipe by Barb in WNY
This recipe has only a few ingredients.
Top Review by carole in orlando
What a great way to serve baked potatoes to a lot of people! I used six large russet potatoes and should have doubled the topping, my mistake, but even with that error the dish disappeared! Great flavor and easy to fix. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces cheese (Cheddar or Swiss)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 6 medium potatoes in boiling salted water to cover.
- Peel and slice.
- Pack in layers in a buttered 6 cup baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan, add onion and cook until golden.
- Off the heat, add 1 cup sour cream with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Cheddar or Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 375°F about 30 minutes, or until the scallop is hot and bubbly and the topping is browned.