Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes like a real yummy loaded baked potato. Try it.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain; and cool. Cut into thin slices. Arrange potato slices in a 2qt. casserole dish.
- Melt butter in skillet: add onion, bell pepper and garlic.Cook until the vegatables are tender but not brown. Pour the vegatables over the potatoes. Sprinkle bread crumbs and 1/4 cup grated cheese over potatoes.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper: pour over potatoes.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This was not a success. It was bland, even though added extra garlic and some broccoli. The egg/sour-cream mixture did not soak down through the rest of the layers; it just stayed on top like a shiny, eggy unappealing crust. Furthermore, the prep time was far too low; the potatoes took much longer to cook since I cooked them whole as in the instructions. I would not make this again, unless I made major adjustments, starting with mixing together the elements, instead of using layers.