Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Always looking for new ways to make family favorites...
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup seasoned flour.
- In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
- Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water, add can of cream of mushroom soup w/2 Tbs flour dissolved in cold water and pour over chops.
- Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices.
- Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.
Oh boy, was this good. I used pork blade steak which turned out so tender I could cut it with a fork. The meat was very tender and the taste was super! I also heated the sauce in a pan and let the meat simmer while the sauce was thickening. I served it with Seasoned Baked Potato Chunks and a salad. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Switzerland.
These were very delicious, tender and so full of flavor. I used Golden cream of mushroom soup and they were done in 6 hours. I transferred the sauce to a pan for heating in the sour cream. I served Alplermagrone (Swiss Gruyere Cheese Pasta) as a side. Thanks for posting such a great, easy recipe. Made for ZWT7 Golden Gourmets.
i'm rating on the final product not on the recipe as written. i didn't read the instructions before hitting print then when i got to step 3, i needed to make some adjustments. ;) woops! i didn't realize it was a crock pot recipe! shows ya how MY week has been.... anyway, i browned my boneless chops in seasoned flour as directed. Removed them to a plate, added the onions to the pan & sauteed until caramelized. i sprinkled on flour then whisked in 2c chicken broth (instead of bouillon & water). when thickened, I added cream of celery soup. when that was combined & bubbly, I added the pork chops back in, covered & simmered for about 10 minutes. I removed the pork chops again & whisked in the sour cream. This FILLED my 12" cast iron skillet; I will use a dutch oven next time. It worked like a charm - we loved the chops & very flavorful sauce! Made for ZWT7 Emerald City Shakers. Thank you!