Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is delicious enough to serve at a special dinner or take to a potluck, the added orange juice and sour cream takes this cake to another level, try to use fresh juice for this, for greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (do not use pudding added)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix with pudding mix.
- Add in oil, eggs, sour cream and orange juice; beat on low speed until blended.
- Increase to medium speed and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in orange zest and poppy seeds.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the cake test done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired before serving.