This cake is delicious enough to serve at a special dinner or take to a potluck, the added orange juice and sour cream takes this cake to another level, try to use fresh juice for this, for greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 3In a large bowl combine the cake mix with pudding mix.
- 4Add in oil, eggs, sour cream and orange juice; beat on low speed until blended.
- 5Increase to medium speed and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- 6Mix in orange zest and poppy seeds.
- 7Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake for about 50 minutes or until the cake test done.
- 9Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan and cool completely.
- 11Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g