Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A pretty cake and simple for the holidays
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejell-o instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- In large mixing bowl with electric mixer on low speed beat together; cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in poppy seed.
- Spoon into greased and floured 10-12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; loosen cake from side of pan with knife.
- Gently remove cake from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- When cool, combine powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze and drizzle over top and down sides.