This is a nice change for a pie. I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I've been making it for years. It is a request for Easter Sunday lunch from my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt, pineapple, sour cream and lemon juice.
- 2Cook over medium heat,stirring occasionally, until thick.
- 3In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick.
- 4Temper the egg yolks by adding about 1/2 of the hot mixture in with the yolks, stirring well, then adding the mixture of yolks back in to your original mixture.
- 5Stirring constantly, cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and cool.
- 7Once this mixture has cooled slightly, spoon it into your prepared pie shell.
- 8In a separate bowl, combine your egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla and mix at high speed until foamy.
- 9Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoons at a time; beat until stiff peaks form (2-4 minutes).
- 10Spread over warm filling and seal the meringue to the edge of the pie crust.
- 11Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- 12Cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Pineapple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3046.8
- Calories from Fat 1108
- Total Fat 123.1 g
- Saturated Fat 49.9 g
- Cholesterol 528.2 mg
- Sodium 2412.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 461.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 334.1 g
- Protein 37.3 g