Recipe by breezermom
Great side dish for any meal. Of course, I love mushrooms, sour cream, and almonds, so why wouldn't I like this?
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained (may use fresh, but saute a while in butter or olive oil before adding to release the moisture.)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute almonds in 1 tbsp butter in a small skillet until lightly browned; remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine rice and next 7 ingredients (stopping before sour cream) in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Turn the heating element off, but leave the rice on the hot eye. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Add the sour cream and mushrooms to the rice mixture; stir well. Check to make sure the rice is still hot -- if not turn the eye back on low heat to heat the sour cream/rice mix. Transfer rice to a serving dish; sprinkle with the almonds and parsley. Serve immediately.