Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
my most favourite pie crust recipe. I always have some on hand in the freezer to make pie-making even faster and easier.
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter, cut into bits
- 1⁄2 cup chilled Crisco, cut into bits
- Combine sour cream, water, sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Combine both flours in large bowl.
- Cut in butter and shortening with fingers until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add sour cream and stir just until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly-floured surface.
- Divide in half.
- Form each half into ball and flatten into disk.
- Wrap each disk in plastic.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- (can be prepared up to 1 month ahead and frozen. Defrost before using.).
wow this was very good i made it with my sour cream peach pie it was awesome
Evelyn - I can't believe I never posted a review of this crust. I have become a very good baker (she said shyly) and ever since trying this recipe about two years ago, it is the only one I use AND I have given it to many people. I absolutely love this pie crust. Note the date, I am making a delicious pumpkin pie for my son - Merry Christmas to you and your family.
This was a very good pie crust. Easy to work with and came out light and flaky, just the way we like it. Thanks