Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A double crust good for meat pies.
Make and share this Sour Cream Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and sour cream together.
- Add this to the flour mixture and work it in quickly until dough forms a ball.
- Divide in half, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
Followed this recipe exactly. Would not form a ball. I don't recommend this pie crust at all.
I made this on 3/29/09 as a crust for Valerie's Chicken Pot Pie, from Woman's Day Mag.. And I have to tell you, I wasn't disappointed with it at all.:) Turned out very flaky and light. In the length of time it took to for the pie recipe to bake, it reached the color we liked perfectly. The next time I need a crust for a meat pie, I won't hesitate to use this one again.Thanks for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"
Great recipe, Di. Very forgiving and delicious to boot. Did need to add some extra water to get the dough to form into a ball but it didn't make any difference in the result. I used this for a beef pot pie and a batch of beef and onion pasties. Perfect crust for both. Thanks for posting this.