A twist on a traditional favorite. The dried cranberries add color and make it perfect for a holiday table.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat eggs until light & fluffy.
- Add sugar, flour, almond extract. Mix well.
- Fold in sour cream & craisins.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Place on baking sheet & put into oven. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes. Pie should be lightly browned and set in the middle. It will still "jiggle" slightly and will firm as it cools.
- Cool, cut into wedges, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Note: I have also subbed dried apricots (finely diced)for the craisins and added 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg for a different pie.