Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A twist on a traditional favorite. The dried cranberries add color and make it perfect for a holiday table.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat eggs until light & fluffy.
- Add sugar, flour, almond extract. Mix well.
- Fold in sour cream & craisins.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Place on baking sheet & put into oven. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes. Pie should be lightly browned and set in the middle. It will still "jiggle" slightly and will firm as it cools.
- Cool, cut into wedges, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Note: I have also subbed dried apricots (finely diced)for the craisins and added 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg for a different pie.
When I realized that this pie has dried cranberries in it, there was not doubt that I had to try it, & it was such an easy prep for such a great tasting pie! I was very generous when measuring the fruit, but then, I do love those tart red berries! Outstanding pie, & certainly something I'll be making again ~ Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Germany with ZWT6]
who would think that such simple ingredients would yield such a delicious dessert? i used dried cherries and was very surprised with the finished result- the cherries returned to their natural size and the sour cherries with the sweet creamy filling was a great combination. i used a deep pie crust so i added some whipped cream over the top before serving. i made this for our break fast on saturday night, and it was enjoyed by all.