Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I was given this recipe by a chef and It really is easy to make.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or a dash more)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint sour cream
- Mix crust ingredients thourghly and put on bottom and sides of a 10" spring form pan.
- Mix together the cream cheese& sugar until very light and fluffy Then add the egg*YOLKS* Vanilla, lemon juice, and flour.
- Then beat in the sour creme.
- Beat the egg WHITES until stiff and fold them into mixture above.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees- First hour- Place cake in oven and bake for one hour Second hour- Turn off oven& let cake sit in oven with the door closed.
- third hour- open door of oven and let the cake rest.
- After 3rd hour move to frig- Cake is best made the day before use, given enough time to chill and harden sufficently.
Very good version. I had a recipe like this years ago, but sadly lost it. Thanks for the gooood memories!!!! Toni