These rise high and melt in your mouth. I like to double up on the streusel mixture :)
Make and share this Sour Cream Pecan-Streusel Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the pecan mixture, mix all ingredients; set aside.
- For the muffin batter, sift the first 4 dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the egg, sour cream and 1/3 cup butter just until moistened.
- Divide and fill batter tins 1/2 full with the batter.
- Cover with 1/2 of the pecan/sugar mixture.
- Then fill with remaining batter.
- Top/sprinkle with remaining pecan/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
I did double up the streusel mixture and these muffins were bursting with flavor and so delicious that I made up another batch to freeze to bring to work. These are now a new favorite and will be made more often then I should :)
Let's not let this recipe fall through the cracks. They were awesome!
We loved these muffins. Great way to have coffe cake with your coffee on the go. We also doubled up on the streusel mixture. We made this with fat free sour cream and still were really good!! We will make these again. Thanks