Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These rise high and melt in your mouth. I like to double up on the streusel mixture :)
Top Review by wendyt57
I did double up the streusel mixture and these muffins were bursting with flavor and so delicious that I made up another batch to freeze to bring to work. These are now a new favorite and will be made more often then I should :)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the pecan mixture, mix all ingredients; set aside.
- For the muffin batter, sift the first 4 dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the egg, sour cream and 1/3 cup butter just until moistened.
- Divide and fill batter tins 1/2 full with the batter.
- Cover with 1/2 of the pecan/sugar mixture.
- Then fill with remaining batter.
- Top/sprinkle with remaining pecan/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.