This may have originally been a Woman's Day recipe ... but I've been making it for 20-25 years, so I can't remember. These aren't terribly sweet, which can be a nice change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Sift flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 3In large bowl of electric mixer, cream the butter. Add vanilla and sugar and beat well. Add the egg and continue to beat for a few minutes, scraping the bowl as necessary and beating until mixture lightens in color. On low speed, gradually add the sifted dry ingredients, scraping the bowl and beating only until the mixture is smooth.
- 4Use a slightly rounded teaspoonful of dough for each cookie -- make these a little smaller than the average cookie. Roll the dough between your hands to form round balls and place 2" apart on unbuttered cookie sheets.
- 5With your fingertip, make a wide, round depression in the center of each cookie -- it should reach almost to the edge, but leave a rim.
- 6Prepare the topping: Add 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and the sour cream in a small mixing bowl. With a rubber spatula stir until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- 7With a small spoon, place some of the topping into the dent in each cookie. The topping should be mounded fairly high above the cookie -- it will melt a bit as it bakes.
- 8Bake for 13-15 minutes; cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Pecan Dreams
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g