Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you love peach pie, you must try this! I made it for a friend, and we almost consumed the whole pie between the two us! This is in the latest edition of Taste of Home magazine. Sherrell Dikes of Arkansas won the $2,500 grand prize at the magazine's sponsored "Great American Pie Show." It's very easy, especialy if you cheated like I did and use a ready-made pie crust!
- pastry for single-crust pie (9 inch)
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- Line a 9-in pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie. Cover edges of crust with tin foil strips to prevent overbrowning.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Store in the refrigerator.