Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist peach muffins with an almond crunch topping.
Almond Crunch Topping
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat is fine)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peach, pitted, skins removed
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 12 muffin cups. Prepare topping by mixing almonds, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, oil and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Fold in flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chopped peaches.
- Using an ice cream scoop, deposit equal portions of batter into muffin cups. Distribute topping on muffins.
- Bake until muffins test done by springing back when lightly touched with fingertips, 25 - 30 minutes. Cool well, then remove from pan to finish cooling on wire cake rack.
- 9 - 12 large muffins.
this is a pretty nice muffin if you like quaker peach oatmeal you will like this
These were not bad. The crunchy top was really good but the muffin was a little bland for my taste next time I will add some cinnamon and almonds in the batter