Pork fillet topped with a yummy sour cream paprika sauce.
Make and share this Sour Cream Paprika Pork recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 2 (450 g) pork fillets (Also known as pork tenderloin just like steak, this is the fillet mignon of pork, it is more expensi)
For the Paprika Sauce
- olive oil
- 30 -40 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 150 -200 g mushrooms, sliced (I use swiss brown but button mushrooms are fine)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule, concentrated (powder, cube or paste.. Mine is quite dense so you may have to adjust for taste depending on what yo)
- 180 ml sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- I make this a lot for me and my hubby I buy pork fillet that usually vary in weight from 420g-460g for the two of us and this is perfect for us.
- Slice pork diagonally (allow 3-4 slices per person) and beat with a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Dust pork with flour and shake away any excess flour. Place pork in pan and cook until browned on both sides and tender.
- For the Sauce.
- Heat about a Tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the butter to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, paprika, water, chicken stock and lemon juice. Simmer for a few minutes and pour in sour cream stir until heated through.
- To serve place sliced pork on plate and pour sauce over. I served mine with cauliflower mash and garlic butter vegetables.
this was great! i had veal cube steak so used that and smoked paprika. delish! will make again!
This seemed to me to be pork with a basic stroganoff sauce, but it was yummy all the same! I used pork scotch fillet. I am not sure I would flour the fillets again, this did not seem all that necessary. But the pork cooked beautifully and the sauce was very nice with mash; although I think I'd prefer pasta. I also used canned mushrooms which was a cheat, I think the flavour would be better with fresh. Thanks!
Outstanding! I buy tenderloins in bulk and keep in the freezer because we just love the cut of meat. I doubled the sauce so we'd have plenty to pour over the cutlets and Mashed Cauliflower Comfort Food. Served with a side of Karotten in Bier Gedunstet (Carrots in Beer) Thanks for sharing your recipe!