Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sounds odd, but these are really good. Not just for breakfast either.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, sour cream, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Sift flour with baking powder, then mix into egg/sour cream mixture.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, then spoon in batter, and fry about 3-5 minutes on each side or until nice and golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle finished pancakes with a little powdered sugar.
Original review July 23, 2003What a great pancake recipe Kevin!! I normally do not eat pancakes but these were good. Nice and light and not heavy at all. I have not eaten pancakes in a long time, before this weekend, because I always found them to be too heavy. I will definitely be making these again since I always have the ingredients on hand. Thanks for a great recipe. Update August 16, 2009 I have made these for different people and they have all liked these. Its always received rave reviews. Even someone who didn't like pancakes, liked these. Thanks again Kevin for a great recipe
These have the delicious flavor of buttermilk pancakes and such fluffy texture. Great for the mornings when we're out of milk - that never happens to ME of course! Thanks for a delicious alternative pancake recipe.
These were awesome, even though I screwed up in a couple ways - got yolk in my whites, didn't have enough eggs (I used 3 instead of 4). They were perfect for a birthday breakfast for my son.