Recipe by Dine & Dish
I made this for breakfast this past weekend after discovering the recipe in a recent issue of Quick Cooking magazine. It was submitted by Jennifer Holub of Illinois. Full of flavor and nice and fluffy!
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1/2 cup sour cream and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture; fold in ham.
- In a deep ovenproof 10 inch skillet, melt the butter. Add egg mixture. Cook uncovered over medium low heat for 6-8 minutes or until bottom is set (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cut omelet into wedges and serve with remaining sour cream.