Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've never had pumpkin and sour cream together but this pie sounds great. I can't wait to try it. Don't forget to try and make your own sweetened condensed milk, there are some recipes for that here at Zaar. From the Nestle Company.
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons thawed orange juice concentrate or 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, 2 teaspoons orange peel and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F.
- ;bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine sour cream, sugar, orange juice concentrate and remaining orange peel in small bowl.
- Spread sour cream topping over pie.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.