1 hr 30 mins
Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
This recipe I found in an Alzheimer's cookbook (produced to raise money for this worthy cause). It is a wonderfully moist cake which I have made often and, when our daughter had her catering business, it was very popular. Keeps well and also freezes, but usually it never lasts that long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in egg yolks and rinds.
- 4Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- 5Do not overbeat.
- 6Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 7Fold in with a rubber spatula.
- 8Oven 325.
- 9well greased Bundt or tube pan.
- 10Bake approximately 1 hr.
- 11Cool 10 minutes and then turn cake onto a plate with a rim.
- 12Orange Syrup.
- 141/2 cup orange juice, fresh.
- 152 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 161/2 cup white sugar.
- 17Bring to a boil and simmer about 3 mins.
- 18Slowly pour hot syrup over cake, allowing time for it to soak it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 384.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g