Recipe by Val's Home
This is a quick and simple recipe for fish that will be great for the family or for guests. The French fried onions give it a delicate crunch.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2013 and what a great choice! I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and otherwise followed the instructions. I didn't spray the dish either and we did/do have enough of the dressing for vegies today. Served with recipe#314721#314721, recipe#301516#301516 with a green salad and PaulaG's recipe#94469#94469. Definately will make this fish dish again. Thank you for posting.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French-fried onions, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut fish into serving pieces. Salt each piece.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise & ranch dressing mix. Divide sour cream mixture into two separate bowls. Reserve one bowl of mixture in the refrigeratorl.
- Dip fish to coat in one bowl of the mixture. Roll in onions to coat.
- Place coated fish in a 9” x 13” baking dish. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sour cream mixture.