Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and simple recipe for fish that will be great for the family or for guests. The French fried onions give it a delicate crunch.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French-fried onions, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut fish into serving pieces. Salt each piece.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise & ranch dressing mix. Divide sour cream mixture into two separate bowls. Reserve one bowl of mixture in the refrigeratorl.
- Dip fish to coat in one bowl of the mixture. Roll in onions to coat.
- Place coated fish in a 9” x 13” baking dish. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sour cream mixture.
Made this for Spring PAC 2013 and what a great choice! I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and otherwise followed the instructions. I didn't spray the dish either and we did/do have enough of the dressing for vegies today. Served with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits - Copycat#314721, Brown Rice Delight#301516 with a green salad and PaulaG's French-Italian Salad Dressing Mix#94469. Definately will make this fish dish again. Thank you for posting.
We really enjoyed this different breaded fish. You can really taste the onion from the french-fired onions. The coating does have enough fat in it that you don't need to spray your baking dish with cooking spray. The ranch dressing/dip mixture is really good with the fish and any left overs would work great as a veggie dip. I made as posted and served it with some poppy seed noodles and steamed broccoli for a wonderful meal. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Very good fish recipe. I tried this last night and my DH and grandson both really liked it. Thanks for sharing this good, easy different way to make fish.