1/6 Photos of Sour Cream Noodle Delight
Delicious and simple "comfort food" are my favorites in the fall and winter. My DH and I like to have this with a simple tossed salad. I found this recipe in a church cookbook and have changed it up a bit to make it my own! Note --original recipe does not specify type of cheese but I have used either cheddar or colbyjack with good results. **For OAMC - this recipe doubles really well and can be frozen up to 1 month. hmmm the oven temp disappeared! Should say preheat oven to 350F.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup green pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce with basic and garlic
- 4 -6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles, drain.
- 3Brown meat with onion and green pepper.
- 4Add seasonings and tomato sauce to meat mixture.
- 5Simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and cooked noodles.
- 7Place 1/2 of noodle mixture in greased casserole. Cover with the meat mixture. Put rest of noodle mixture on top.
- 8Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese over all.
- 9Bake 20 minutes.
- 10Add Parmesan cheese and bake additional 10 minutes.
- 11***For OAMC/Freezing - Assemble up to the point of baking and freeze. Allow to thaw before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Noodle Delight
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.5
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.3 mg
- Sodium 772.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce with basic and garlic