Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great sweet yeast bread to make in your bread machine. Serve with butter or your favorite spread slathered on it. Baking time is according to your bread machine. This is unique and delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (do not substitute low or nonfat)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions. Select basic white bread and light setting.
- Check dough consistency after kneading cycle begins and add additional flour or water if needed.
- Remove bread from pan when done baking and allow to cool on a wire rack completely before slicing.
This was very good. It has a mild, subtle sweetness to it, in fact it was so subtle we ate it toasted with sweet (unsalted) butter to really appreciate the flavour. Will make this one again.