Recipe by Hydra
Nummy and moist! These non sweet muffins go great with heaping spoonfuls of jam or peanut butter! Great with savory meals, a snack or breakfast. Check out my variations on this recipe: Lemon Zest Muffins, Yummy Brown Sugar Nutty Muffins and Cinnamon Raisin!
Top Review by Sheepie87
Oh. Wow. These are sooooo good! I made a bunch of changes out of necessity, but the original recipe still shines! So moist. So soft. Instead of baking powder, I just used 2 tsp baking soda (do you know how hard it is to find baking powder in France ?!?!), subbed 1/4 cup applesauce for the butter, used lowfat sour cream (actually crÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¨me fraÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â®che) and skim milk. Plus no one here has obviously ever heard of a 12-hole muffin pan--they only sell the jumbo sixes. So I got six ginormous, tasty muffins to die for. Oh. In raptures. Thank you soooo much Hydra!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat egg in a small bowl; add sour cream and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans until cups are about 2/3 full. Or grease pans and the surface around the pan as well, filling cups all the way, this will produce muffins with larger tops, though less muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.