Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Sour Cream Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- Beat sour cream, sugar, rum and vanilla utnil thick and frothy.
- Soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup cold water about 5 minutes, then set over hot water until completely dissolved.
- Beat quickly into sour cream mixture, wich should be almost room temperature now.
- When gealtin is throughly beaten into cream, fold whipped cream under.
- Pour into glass dishes and chill until set.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Easy and fast recipe. I substituted lemon rind and lemon juice for the rum and topped a sponge cake with mango filling with this recipe. It turned out great, rich but refreshing. Two thumbs up by every member of my family. Delicious!!!
Very good. I chose not to use rum and added 1T. of cinnamon & vanilla...yummy. This made the perfect topping for my cheesecake but I had extra so next time I will half to top my cheesecake with! Thanks for the recipe!
I should have added that the VANILLA extract is after your taste. I use about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon :)