Recipe by cnelsongoens
This is the lightened version of a friend's recipe. I love how moist they are!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda*, baking powder*, and salt in a bowl.
- *NOTE: reduce baking soda and baking powder to 1/2 teaspoon for high altitude.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine egg, egg white, butter, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Spoon into lined or non-stick mini muffin tins. This recipe will make 36 mini muffins.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then remove muffins to cooling rack.