Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was either Woman's Day or Family Circle. I've had this recipe a while.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl combine eggs, 1/2 cup of the sour cream, and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix throughly.
- Pat into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered, in a 350°F oven for about 1 1/4 hours. Let cool 10 minutes remove from pan.
- Meanwhile for gravy, in medium saucepan stir together the remaining sour cream and the dry gravy mix. Add water as called for on package. Cook according to package directions.
- Slice meatloaf and serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.