Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the great things about these creamy, mashed potatoes is that they are even better if you make them a day ahead and and bake them the next day! I like to use the garlic and chive or vegetable garden cream cheese for these.
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic salt (you can use regular salt if you prefer, but you might want to add less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl,mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese,sour cream, milk, 1 tblspn of the butter, parsley flakes and garlic salt;beat until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Dot with remaining butter;sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Loved these!!! Even my DD who is very picky enjoyed these and requested that I make these again.
Wonderful! I used fat free cream cheese and sour cream, skim milk and omitted the butter...SOO yummy...and guilt free!