One of the great things about these creamy, mashed potatoes is that they are even better if you make them a day ahead and and bake them the next day! I like to use the garlic and chive or vegetable garden cream cheese for these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt (you can use regular salt if you prefer, but you might want to add less)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2In a large mixing bowl,mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese,sour cream, milk, 1 tblspn of the butter, parsley flakes and garlic salt;beat until smooth.
- 3Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Dot with remaining butter;sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Mashed Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g