Recipe by FloridaGrl
One of the great things about these creamy, mashed potatoes is that they are even better if you make them a day ahead and and bake them the next day! I like to use the garlic and chive or vegetable garden cream cheese for these.
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic salt (you can use regular salt if you prefer, but you might want to add less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl,mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese,sour cream, milk, 1 tblspn of the butter, parsley flakes and garlic salt;beat until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish. Dot with remaining butter;sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.