Recipe by Spongebob Chefpants
This is from Williams-Sonoma. This bread boasts subtle flavors of butter and sour cream with discreet overtones of maple syrup. A handheld mixer can be used instead of a whisk to blend the butter and syrup, but further mixing is easily done by hand.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 1-lb. loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir and toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a whisk, beat the butter until smooth, then slowly add the maple syrup, whisking constantly. Whisk in the sour cream and egg. Stir in the pecans. Add the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes, then turn the loaf out onto the rack and let cool completely. Makes 1 loaf.