Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
A Scandinavian waffle recipe.
Make and share this Sour Cream Lemon Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your waffle iron; grease, if necessary.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together well.
- Mix the flour, lemon peel and sour cream together then gradually mix in to the eggs/sugar.
- Stir in the butter and lemon juice.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the mixture into the preheated waffle iron. Bake according to your waffle iron's directions.
- Serve w/ butter/syrup/powdered sugar.
The taste is very good. But the texture is not the best. We like our waffles crispy. But it was very hard to get them crispy. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag game
I love waffles and these subtley flavored lemon treats did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the addition of the sour cream in the waffle, it added a nice depth of flavor. A soft, tender, chewy waffle. It had beautiful flavor and a great texture. I garnished with fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar. I can't wait to make these waffles again. Thanks for sharing Andi :)
Oh, that was a naughty breakfast but it was so worth it! I cut the recipe in half using two eggs and used reduced fat sour cream but otherwise kept the ingredients the same. I also used my electric wafflemaker rather than a heart shaped iron. These are more lemon scented with a delicate lemon essence floating through the chew waffles rather than pucker inducing lemon intensity. I served them for a Wimbledon inspired breakfast and covered them in spray cream and fresh strawberries - yummy! Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz as part of the Family Picks portion of ZWT 6.