Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a combination of a few recipes. It has the shortbread crust, sour cream lemon filling, and lots of whipped cream topping. Not for the dieters!!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- Press base into 9x13" pan.
- Bake 375 for 10-15 minute.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch,milk, and salt in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to full boil (10-12 min).
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2 more minutes.
- In a small bowl gradually stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Return this mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 2 minute.
- Remove from heat and add butter, juice, and peel.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour over base or into pie shell and refrigerate for 2 hrs or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream just before serving.
- Cover with whipped cream sweetned with a little sugar and vanilla.
It doesn't say what to do with the egg yolks...