Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a dessert cookbook, and it's close to the lemon cake my BF's cousin makes. She's a pastry chef and always surprises us with a lovely lemon cake now and then.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together and add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch angel food pan (16-cup size).
- Bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until it tests done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool 15 minutes before turning out on rack to cool.
- If desired, a lemon glaze can be poured over cake.
- Lemon Glaze:.
- Mix all ingredients together and beat until of spreading consistency.
- Variations: Orange juice and grated orange rind can be substituted for lemon; 1/4 cup poppy seed or 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts can be added.
Nice lemony flavor, but major baker error on my part! I suppose I failed to cream the butter and sugar enough because the cake is heavy, and I know I over baked it! Made for Photo Swap 2010 ~