Recipe by byZula
Delicious!!! Light, moist, lemony and just plain good! This has been a family favorite since 2001. I think I got this recipe from Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Gweesha
This cake is not worth the ingredients. I made it twice (to give it another chance). It gets so brown on the outside and does not bake on the inside. I think it's because it's just too dense. I adjusted the time, but that still did not work. I had to take it out or it would have been so hard on the outside and yet it still was not baked inside. I wound up throwing it out. I am discarding this recipe. I am not a novice at all either. I think there is something wrong with this recipe.
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with the breadcrumbs.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; stir well.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar and lemon extract, beating until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 mins., or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Combine 2 tbsp lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over top of cake.
- SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE VARIATION.
- Substitute vanilla extract for the lemon extract. Omit the juice and rind in the cake.
- Substitute milk for the juice in the glaze.