Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
A very refreshing dessert in the summer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and milk.
- Add eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind; stir still smooth.
- Add butter;cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil about 1 minute; remove from heat and cool.
- Add sour cream and pour into a 9" baked pie shell; chill.
- Serve with Cool Whip.
I made this for an Easter dessert. It was a nice change from traditional lemon pie. Very good!
This is just so light and refreshing! Our temperature in NC has been just horrendus. With the high humidity you look for ways to cool off and this recipe will do that for you. Bertsy