Recipe by Miss Cheerio
A light and creamy dessert with plenty of cool lemon flavor. It's great for summer cook-outs, potlucks, or just because. Cooking time below is the amount of time the pie should be chilled before serving.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pie pastry shells, baked (9 inch)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- lemon twist (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until thick.
- Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream; pour into pie shell.
- Cover with whipped cream and garnish with lemon twists.
- Store in refrigerator.