Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is fabulous! Smooth and lemony...mmm!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 9 inches pie crusts, baked
- Combine the sugar, flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the milk; cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the yolks slightly in a small bowl, then add about 1 cup of the hot mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir the yolk mixture into the saucepan, and bring back to a gentle boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add butter, rind and juice. Fold in the sour cream.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip as desired.
Yum!!!! A delicious creamy lemon treat! I made this in a graham cracker crust and it was fantastic. I also appreciated the fact their was no cornstarch in it (as I was out at the time). GREAT!!!