Belly Up With Bob's Note:
The secret is in the mixing, use the electric mixer the whole time you are cooking the ingredients. I use Pillsbury ready to bake crust(hard to beat). Find it in the dairy case at your grocers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked and cooled
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk, not fat free
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, juice, egg yokes and milk in a heavy sauce pan; cook over medium heat beating with a hand electric mixer until thick.
- 2Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature.
- 3Put pan in cold water to cool.
- 4Stir in sour cream and pour filling into cooled pie crust.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 6In a chilled mixing bowl mix whipping cream, sugar, lemon extract and food coloring until thick, cover pie with whipping cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.2
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 199.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g