Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The secret is in the mixing, use the electric mixer the whole time you are cooking the ingredients. I use Pillsbury ready to bake crust(hard to beat). Find it in the dairy case at your grocers.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked and cooled
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk, not fat free
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, juice, egg yokes and milk in a heavy sauce pan; cook over medium heat beating with a hand electric mixer until thick.
- Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Put pan in cold water to cool.
- Stir in sour cream and pour filling into cooled pie crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator for at least one hour.
- In a chilled mixing bowl mix whipping cream, sugar, lemon extract and food coloring until thick, cover pie with whipping cream.
This recipe never solidified/firmed up - remained liquid throughout - followed directions to the letter! -Author must have left out major firming ingredient --I just wasted lots of costly ingredients on this! DO NOT USE THIS RECIPE!!!