Recipe by gwynn
I like this pie because it uses the graham cracker crust. It is soooo good. It comes from a cookbook at work.
Top Review by Mary Austin
This was very good and easy to make. I'll definitely be making it again. The only change I made was to top with grated lemon rind. Next time I'll decrease the amount of sour cream to better taste the lemon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces graham cracker pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan, stir together first 2 ingredients.
- Gradually stir in milk until smmoth.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients; add margarine.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Cover surface with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 40 to 50 minutes or until cool but not set.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Turn into pie crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or till firm.