Recipe by Marie
This is a fabulous tasting lemon sour cream bread that is served with a yummy lemon cream cheese spread. Baking time is according to your bread machine.
Top Review by Cathleen Colbert
This recipe makes a 1 pound loaf. I used the bread machine to make dough, divided it into 2 small loaves and baked in the oven. As my brother said "VErrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he didn't even get some of the spread!
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons warm milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- In a measuring cup, combine sour cream and lemon juice.
- Add enough of the milk to make 1/2 cup.
- Place all bread ingredients in bread machine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Select sweet bread or basic setting.
- Do not use timer delay for this recipe.
- For spread, beat all ingredients together until smooth.