Recipe by Chef Dine
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe 10 years ago, after I married her son. She told me it was one of his favorites while growing up. Now I know why!
Top Review by bullwinkle
This was a little to salty for us but the flavor of the lasagna was very good. I used ground turkey for the meat. My husband said he would like to have this again. Thanks Chef Dine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (I often substitute whole wheat pasta)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 6 medium green onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Brown and drain meat. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream and onions in a medium size bowl.
- Layer 1/2 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Spoon and spread 1/2 of the sour cream mixture over the noodles, 1/2 of the meat mixture over the noodles, repeat and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.