Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delightfully different jello salad, using sour cream in one of the layers. Sounds odd, tastes great !
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 -2 sliced banana (optional)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Dissolve strawberry jello in 3 cups boiling water. Let cool. Add fruits and mix well.
- Pour about half of jello/fruit mixture into bottom of 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread sour cream over first layer.
- Pour remaining jello mixture over sour cream.
- Chill until very firm.