Recipe by Italian Stallions Kitchen Extravaganza
Creamy with thick and rich flavors of tomatoes, onions and fresh basil. Make in a crock pot or a pot.
Top Review by annroberts54
I made this for dinner tonight using Creme Fraiche instead of sour cream and it was so Delicious. Hearty, thick, warm and tasty. What more could one ask? Oh, and I used my immersion blender to smooth the texture out and I would recommend it to others.
- 24 -32 ounces of diced peeled tomatoes (3-4 cans)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2-1 medium onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 large beef bouillon cube (makes 2 cups)
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 bay leaf
- shredded parmesan cheese
- garlic toast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock pot or large pot, mix water, bay leaf and bouillon until cube disolves.
- add tomatos and tomato paste.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Add italian seasoning and pepper to taste.
- Add sour cream (1 to 1 1/2 cups depending on your taste).
- Keep on low for 3-4 hours in a crock pot or pot to get the best taste, or heat on medium until hot.
- Serve in bowls sprinkle with parmesan and add garlic toast if desired.