3 hrs 10 mins
Creamy with thick and rich flavors of tomatoes, onions and fresh basil. Make in a crock pot or a pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 -32 ounces of diced peeled tomatoes (3-4 cans)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/2-1 medium onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 large beef bouillon cube (makes 2 cups)
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bay leaf
- shredded parmesan cheese
- garlic toast
- 1In a crock pot or large pot, mix water, bay leaf and bouillon until cube disolves.
- 2add tomatos and tomato paste.
- 3Mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- 4Add garlic and onions.
- 5Add italian seasoning and pepper to taste.
- 6Add sour cream (1 to 1 1/2 cups depending on your taste).
- 7Keep on low for 3-4 hours in a crock pot or pot to get the best taste, or heat on medium until hot.
- 8Serve in bowls sprinkle with parmesan and add garlic toast if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Hearty Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 612.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: