Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A wine marinated halibut that is baked in a creamy sauce.
Top Review by Gerry
A change of pace kind of recipe and one that was so easy to do. Marinated eight hours and made as posted - was a little unsure as to the cup of mayonnaise but it combined with the ingredients and made for a nicely baked fish. Served with lemon wedges and a green salad for our evening meal.
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wine and salt. Pour over halibut and marinate at least one hour and up to 1 day.
- Drain filets on paper towels.
- Dip in bread crumbs and place in greased baking dish.
- Combine mayo, sour cream and onion. Spread over the fish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and then paprika.
- Bake at 475 for 20-25 minutes or until done.