Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my all time favorite green been recipe. It's always asked for at the holidays. It's my twist on a recipe everyone has.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Saute' onions and mushrooms in butter.
- In a bowl combine beans, sour cream, onion soup mix, salt& pepper.
- Mix lightly.
- Fold in cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Mix melted butter with bread crumbs.
- Top the beans when mixed.
- Bake for 20-25, until bubbly.
Made this for a Christmas dinner side- the onion soup mix was overwhelming and very salty. I would not make this recipe again.
Hi Jules211, this was a great way to prepare green beans! I added 1 onion (as we like the taste), increased the amt of mushrooms and added a clove of garlic - don't you just hate people who do that to your recipe? Anyhow, I mixed the onion dip and sour cream before I sauteed the onion mixture, this way it would give the flavors a chance to marry. I used a combination of Parmesan and Gruyere cheese and they turned out fantastic! They were creamy and just wonderful. Thank you for posting, Diane :=)
I thought these were pretty good, but they tasted way too "oniony" for my husband, so I probaby wont be making them again.