Recipe by Pot Scrubber
I have been making this so long I don't remember if I made the recipe up or stole it. Probably the latter. It is kid and picky eater friendly. Great gravy served over mashed potatoes or my favorite- white rice! I am posting the recipe for chicken...see note at the bottom to make it with pork chops.
Top Review by Jeff Hixson
Potsie, this was wonderful, I made the pork chops..You know it is a winner when my 26 year old who graduated from culinary school and thinks he is the only one who can cook says: Dad that was as good as something I would come up with. Now that's a complement buddy.
- 1 fryer chicken, cut up (or eight pieces of your favorite cut- I like thighs)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk (use the empty soup can to measure)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up fryer or if using precut pieces proceed to step 2.
- Roll pieces in egg and then in flour(sometimes I double batter them- roll in eggs again and dredge in flour again).
- Fry in hot oil until browned. It is only necessary to brown it -- no need to cook completely.
- Meanwhile combine and warm in a sauce pan the soup, milk, sour cream, and desired seasonings.
- Place browned chicken into a casserole dish or deep cast iron skillet with a lid. Chicken pieces need not be in a single layer- they may overlap or even stack on top of one another.
- Pour soup mixture over all and cover.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- *NOTE: to make these with pork chops -- use cream of mushroom soup instead and add sauteed onions and mushrooms. I prefer a fattier pork chop instead of a Butterfly Chop for this.