Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My GrannyN use to fix this alot when I was growing up. We had two pecan trees in the yard, and had loads of peacans every year. I've never timed myself making this. It takes the candy about an hour to reach soft ball stage.
- Mix together sugar and sour cream in a heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 240 degrees (or soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Continue to stir until the mixture begins to cool.
- Add pecans, making sure all of them are coated.
- Place pecans individually on wax paper to cool.
This is just like my grandmother's recipe - and it's great!!! There's really nothing tastier than sour cream pecans, and I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't had them make them right now!