Recipe by NELady
From Bob's Red Mill Organic 100% Stone Ground Quinoa Flour package. I substitute the sugar for splenda.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups quinoa flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Place the butter and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove fro mheat, and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Sift together the sugar, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the cooled cocoa mixture, egg yolks, vanilla and sour cream and blendwell.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter.
- Spoon into a muffin tin llined with paper cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.